Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 25 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects.
Job title: Senior Software Developer
Your role: As a Senior Software Developer you will be on the .NET team, working primarily with Kentico, although other CMS platforms including Umbraco and bespoke systems are also in use. You will be responsible for the development of internal and external customer-driven applications, including CMS configuration and development of business logic handling, back-end database integration and a wide variety of API integrations.
Day to day you will:
- Analyse customer requirements (including direct contact meetings) and assisting with project budgeting and scheduling
- Liaise with teams/individuals to develop and refine high-level design concepts
- Configuration of Kentico CMS/Xperience and development of MVC and Portal Engine websites
- Implementation of application logic and back-end database structures
- Providing and consuming webservices and other software integration logic
- Work with presentation layer – e.g. HTML/CSS/JS front-end
- Support of existing websites and CMS platforms
- Mentor junior members of the team and help drive innovation, efficiency and standards
What we’re looking for from you:
- Relevant qualification
- Experienced in producing standards-compliant, performant and accessible websites
- Understanding CMS platforms, specifically, experience of Kentico CMS would be advantageous
- Able to work with administration and customer support to identify issues and formulate solutions to automated processes
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in an agency environment, including working to a deadline and across multiple projects simultaneously
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Zesty. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme, comprehensive private medical scheme
- Enhanced Maternity leave
- Life Assurance
- Up to four Volunteering Days per year for employees to use on charities of choice;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Wide range of internal and external training available, plus full eLearning access via LinkedIn Learnings
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To be considered for this role please submit your CV to email@example.com
The team: Zesty is an ambitious and ever-growing digital agency with a passion for web technology and Client service. Since 1996, we’ve successfully delivered over 2,000 projects covering Strategy, UX, Design and Development, harnessing our teams’ abilities to ensure best practice via effective and measurable online platforms.
The role: Reporting to the Managing Director, you will play an integral role in supporting the continued success of Zesty. You will help shape and implement the business development strategy for the business while also leading a small team.
Day to day you will:
Create, implement and lead the business development and growth strategy
Collaborate with, and direct, the organisation on changes and updates to the growth strategy
Manage a team of business development managers and bid writers, ensuring they understand and work to the business development strategy and achieve revenue targets
Build and diversify new revenue streams
Work with other heads of departments (design, client services, development and digital marketing) to better understand client requirements and expectations for project delivery and ongoing service
Maximise opportunities across the business by working with other teams both internally and externally
Proactively build positive, value-adding relationships with potential clients
To attend industry events and business networking groups to assist in developing our market profile
What we’re looking for from you:
Demonstrable experience in a similar business development role
Experience of working to and achieving sales targets
Ability to identify and develop opportunities in order to maximise revenue potential
A commercial background within an IT-related, software or agency environment would be beneficial
Experience managing a team of commercial or business development professionals would be beneficial
Life at Zesty
At Zesty, some of us work flexibly, and we encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board and D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
Life Assurance Benefits of 4 x your Annual Salary.
A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees;
Health and wellbeing benefits including on-site physio/massage, counselling, legal advice, and others.
Wide range of internal and external training available, plus full eLearning access via LinkedIn Learnings
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.