We are: Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 24 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects.
Your Role: As a Senior UX Designer, reporting to the Head of Design, you will work alongside the insights, design, development and client delivery teams to help develop proposals, produce client project work and contribute to the development of the agencies UX offering.
Our UX process is at the foundation of every decision Zesty makes for its clients. We have a bold vision for our UX offering in the coming years and we continue to develop the team to deliver that vision for the agency. You will contribute to that vision by producing robust data-driven UX design work and promoting the importance of UX design in the agency, for our clients and the in wider media-group.
Day to day you will:
- Apply a user-centred, data-driven mobile-first design approach to producing and validating best-in-class UX design work using the most effective and up-to-date methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Carry out the research, analysis and production of UX assets, for example stakeholder and user research, persona development, competitive/comparative analysis, user journey development, IA design, wireframe prototyping and user testing.
- Research and develop new UX thinking across all primary digital platforms for the agency.
- Understand different UX methodologies and apply a well-considered UX toolkit for each client engagement.
- Champion the user’s experience throughout a project’s development, from client brief to proposed design presentation to go-live.
- Lead workshops, contribute to pitches, presentations and produce UX documentation for existing and prospective clients both local and international.
- Receive, interpret, analyse and evaluate the client brief, and action its progress.
What we’re looking for from you:
As a Senior UX Designer you will have extensive experience designing for the web, specialising in UX design, in a commercial, digital agency or a client-side product environment. You will work well in a team and will feel comfortable sharing and presenting your ideas.
You will have a high level of expertise in design tools like Adobe XD, PhotoShop, Sketch, Figma, Invision etc. as well as the ability to provide a written rationale for the approach of your design work. You will be able to demonstrate this level of expertise in your portfolio.
- Understanding of usability heuristics and accessibility standards.
- Understanding of the principles of conversion-centred design.
- Appreciation of universal design principles.
- Proven ability to accurately interpret a project brief, conduct requirements workshops, analyse data and transform to effective UX design solutions across multiple platforms.
- Ability to efficiently produce low fidelity outputs (wireframes prototypes etc.) to quickly communicate concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this position please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permanent role
- Based in our Belfast office
- Reporting to the Head of UX
- Closes: Monday 12th October 2020