We are: Tibus is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Owned by Wireless, it provides hosting, streaming and digital infrastructure services to more than 4,500 public and private sector clients in the UK and Ireland.
Tibus, puts people at the core of everything we do; aligning the best technologies with customer requirements and business needs. We are committed to finding and developing the best technical talent and are continuously looking for opportunities to innovate.
The opportunity: You will join a team of highly technical, motivated and hardworking individuals to support maintain and improve Tibus’ technical infrastructure, from our Belfast office. You will take responsibility to maintain technical infrastructure, performing troubleshooting and resolution of problems, while delivering and supporting customer requirements.
Day to day you will:
- To become a technical authority on Tibus systems across network infrastructure, cloud infrastructure and associated systems
- To manage deliverables from specialist 3rd party technical consultants and vendors
- To maintain system availability and manage our platforms against agreed SLAs and maintenance plans
- To take responsibility for delivering both client and internal projects on-time and on-budget
- To provide top class levels of communication to internal and external parties as regards project delivery progress and issues
- To be aware of and adhere to industry best practice and developments
- To provide third line support for Tibus Network Operations Centre front line team, helping resolve issues and offering guidance to the technical team both pro-actively and when requested
- To attend relevant industry events
- To provide leadership and problem solving in assigned technology areas
- To perform other ad hoc duties as required
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are passionate about the Internet and related technologies, and the benefits that it brings to the business;
- You are determined and take a pragmatic approach to trouble shooting;
- You are keen to progress and develop your technical skills.
It goes without saying that you have worked in different and challenging environments, have the relevant technical experience in Linux system engineering. We’d love it if you held relevant technical certifications, or at least actively working towards that, although relevant hands on experience is more important than having the qualification.
What’s in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be. In addition we are a relatively small, collaborative and very social team.
For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future development; to take on more responsibilities without moving away from practical IT work; and to pass on your knowledge and experience to others while also continuing to progress your own technical skills.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we won’t judge you for asking.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based in our Belfast office