We are: Simply Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Simply Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 22 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects.
Senior Digital Designer: Reporting to the Head of Design, the role will require the development in house design standards and documentation and will require the successful applicant to act as a mentor to junior members of staff and lead by example.
Day to day you will:
• To design engaging and effective interfaces for web and mobile.
• To interpret project requirements (based on direct and/or indirect client contact) and convert into effective project outcomes.
• To assist in the creation of corporate branding and print based concepts for external clients and to work with Head of Design to develop the internal Zesty brand.
• Production of design outputs in accordance with production schedules and targets prepared by Head of Design.
• To drive the advancement, documentation and enforcement of in-house standards on design, including grids, wireframing tools, prototyping, interface patterns, responsive solutions, and presentation techniques.
• To be aware of current and emerging graphic design innovation.
• To support the development of design team members / placement students as required.
• To account for and document expended time, cost and expenses incurred throughout projects.
• Other ad hoc duties as required.
What we’re looking for from you:
Applicants should have extensive relevant experience in a web or graphic design environment, a strong grasp design principles and best practice, some experience on designing for a digital or web format, plus an awareness of current and emerging design trends.
The successful applicant will take responsibility for the creation of design concepts for multiple formats but primarily the web, interpret project requirements based on direct or indirect client contact and convert into effective project outcomes.
What’s in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be. In addition we are a relatively small, collaborative and very social team.
For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future development; to take on more responsibilities without moving away from practical IT work; and to pass on your knowledge and experience to others while also continuing to progress your own technical skills.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based in our Belfast office