Front End Developer
We Are: Zesty, a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Zesty is an award-winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 22 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects.
Day to day:
- Analysis of customer requirements (including direct contact meetings) and assisting with project budgeting and scheduling
- Liaison with teams/individuals (e.g., designers, account manager, 3rd party providers) to develop and refine high-level design concepts
- Maintenance and evaluation of changes to existing websites (both in-house and 3rd party developments)
- Adhering to in-house standards on development practices e.g., source control, coding style guides, processes, as well as formal standards such as WCAG accessibility and W3C best practices for HTML/CSS
What we’re looking for from you:
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors (such as SASS)
- GIT / Version control systems
- Sound understanding of fundamental UX & UI principles (ability to take a design and build out further templates)
- Excellent communication and team-working skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well on your own and within a team environment
- Knowledge of the importance of web usability, accessibility & standards
- Able to resolve issues effectively in a timely fashion
- Able to utilise rapid development techniques in an agile environment
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud
- A knowledge of new and emerging trends in web design
- Experience of front-end frameworks such as Foundation & Bootstrap
- Experience with off-the-shelf CMS packages such as WordPress or Kentico
- Able to quickly translate ideas into prototypes and wireframe
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
- Based in our Belfast office