Customer Service Engineer
We are: Tibus is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Owned by Wireless, we provide hosting, streaming and digital infrastructure services to more than 4,500 public and private sector clients in the UK and Ireland.
Customer Support Engineer: You will be responsible for providing professional 1st line technical support to Tibus customers, in a courteous and knowledgeable way. The CSE will assume full ownership of the service request throughout its entire lifecycle, ensuring that we exceed our commitments to customers. Monitoring Tibus systems and responding to alerts is a key part of the role, and the successful applicant will be capable of managing personal workloads, prioritising and escalating where necessary.
Day to day you will:
- To provide professional, courteous and knowledgeable support to Tibus customers
- To respond to service requests from Tibus customers in line with defined SLAs
- To monitor all Tibus systems to ensure maximum up time and efficiency through the Tibus Network Monitoring Systems
- To perform systems administration tasks, and perform provisioning tasks as directed by senior engineering team
- To manage personal workload and tasks, prioritising and escalating where necessary
- To act as duty engineer, handling and assigning incoming service requests and managing service incidents, on a rota basis between 08:00 and 18:00 Monday to Friday
- To participate in 24×7 On Call rota, providing out of hours cover for customers
- To provide input to the ongoing development of Tibus products and services
What we’re looking for from you:
- Hands on technical experience in a customer facing (remote support) environment
- Proven experience of Internet technologies including cloud, content delivery and connectivity and awareness of industry trends
- 3rd level qualification in an IT or IT related discipline desirable
- Linux and/or Windows Server Operating Systems
- Installation and configuration of physical and virtual infrastructure
- Desktop OS Configuration and support
- Customer Service
- Cisco Network and Firewall Administration (desirable)
- Database Administration (MySQL, MSSQL) (desirable)
For the right person, this job represents an exceptional opportunity to join a successful company in a growth sector; and be a key player in steering its future.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based in our Belfast office