Location: Belfast or Remote
We are: Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 27 years' experience gained across hundreds of digital projects.
The role: Reporting to the Operations Director, you will play a crucial role supporting the wider bid function and the other members of the Commercial team. This will include sourcing new opportunities through relevant portals and ensuring that internal governance and best practice is embedded whilst working under time constraints dictated by public sector tender deadlines. Your role will be to support the production of persuasive content for bids, create the foundations of a bid response as well as co-ordinating with the wider team to make sure the bid library is kept up to date. You’ll develop a 360-degree view of our products, services and processes and will have a direct impact in driving sales revenue for the business.
Day to day you will:
● Review a broad range of tender portals, check for relevant opportunities and participate in Zesty’s bid qualification process
● Record details of leads and opportunities in our tender tracking systems.
● Set-up a bid response document and manage the co-ordination of the bid response through to completion, ensuring it is fully and accurately completed and submitted on time.
● Co-ordinate the submission of clarification questions and responses between the client organisation and the Zesty team
● Develop the initial tender response using existing content where appropriate and work with the wider team to create bespoke content where required, prior to editing and incorporating into the proposal document.
● Write, review and edit new content which can be utilised in future tender documents.
● Proofread for grammar, formatting, style and tone and quality assure the final document before submission.
● Participate in post-tender debriefs and analysis of feedback received.
● Assist in maintaining the content of Zesty’s Tender Library and improving our bid processes.
● Take ownership of the management of the Tender Library, ensuring it is organised, up-to-date and relevant
● Research latest web and digital trends for our suite of products and solutions, ensuring all relevant information on innovation and data is obtained for future bid submissions
● Support the Commerical Team in conducting competitor analysis and SWOTs for bid positioning
● Add all qualified bid submissions to the company’s CRM.
What we’re looking for from you:
An understanding of web and digital technologies
Prior experience in technical and/or business writing support for commercial purposes.
Previous experience in co-ordinating tender documents would be a distinct advantage.
Highly organised, efficient project management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work under pressure.
Proven ability to act on own initiative.
Excellent proofreading skills with meticulous attention to detail.
A high level of written communication skills in the English language, with an extensive vocabulary and ability to adjust your style according to the audience.
Computer literate to a high level in office productivity software, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across departments and interact with clients.
A third-level degree in a relevant area would be desirable.
Life at Zesty
At Zesty some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
● A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
● 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
● Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
● Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
To enquire about this role, please submit your CV to Andrew Outar