We are Zesty, a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Zesty is an award-winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 24 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects
Your Role: As a Bid Writer for Zesty, you’ll play a crucial role in creating winning proposals under time constraints dictated by tender deadlines. Your role will be to write compelling, persuasive messages as responses to tenders. You’ll develop a 360-degree view of our products, services and processes and will have a direct impact in driving sales revenue for the business.
You’ll build and manage relationships with a number of different department heads in areas across the business and be a key part of a dynamic and friendly team environment. From developing the initial proposal strategy and plan, through to completing a final quality check and proofread, you’ll be able to review and build on previous tenders to have the best chance of a successful outcome.
Day to day you will:
- Review a broad range of tender portals, check for relevant opportunities and participate in Zesty’s bid qualification process
- Record details of leads and opportunities in our tender tracking systems.
- Take ownership of a tender from inception to completion, ensuring it is fully and accurately completed and submitted on time.
- Co-ordinate the submission of clarification questions and responses between the client organisation and the Zesty team
- Develop the initial tender response using existing content where appropriate and liaise with Zesty’s technical resources to obtain bespoke content where required, prior to editing and incorporating into the proposal document.
- Write and edit new content which can be utilised in future tender documents.
- Proofread for grammar, formatting, style and tone and quality assure the final document before submission.
- Participate in post-tender debriefs and analysis of feedback received.
What we’re looking for from you: To be considered for this role, we’re looking for you to have experience in technical and/or business writing for commercial purposes. Previous experience in writing tender responses would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly organised, efficient project management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work under pressure.
- Excellent proofreading skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- A high level of written communication skills in the English language, with an extensive vocabulary and ability to adjust your style according to the audience.
- Computer literate to a high level in office productivity software, including Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively across departments and interact with clients
If you’re fanatical about detail, obsessively organised and enjoy writing strategic content for bids, we’re interested in hearing from you
What’s in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Zesty. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
- Life Assurance Benefits of 4 x your Annual Salary
- A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees;
- Up to four Volunteering Days per year for employees to use on charities of choice;
- Health and wellbeing benefits including counselling, legal advice, and others.
- Wide range of internal and external training available, plus full eLearning access via LinkedIn Learnings
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.
To apply for this position please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Based in our Belfast office
- Closes: Monday 12th October 2020