25 Unmissable Social Media Articles To Read This Weekend – 22nd Dec
Every week, we have a look at some of the biggest social media stories that are out there, sift through the thousands of articles on offer and bring you 25 stories that are worth your attention.
These are never breaking news stories, but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won’t make it through them all in one sitting, but it’ll bring you up to speed with this week’s happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- A big misunderstanding (via Daring Fireball)
- Rebuilding the web we lost (via Anil Dash)
- How spyware on rental PCs capture users’ most intimate moments (via Ars Technica)
- No, let’s talk about video game violence (via BuzzFeed FWD)
- It’s official: Twitter is not a fad (via Slate)
- Nokia on the edge: Inside an icon’s fight for survival (via C|Net)
- How capitalism breaks the web (via Reuters)
- Apple’s Passbook is a surprise success for developers (via Wired)
- Disruptions: Instagram testimony doesn’t add up (via NYT Bits)
- Running the social web: How can we avoid the Bieber effect? (via GigaOM)
- No, Instagram can’t sell your photos: What the new terms of service really mean (via The Verge)
- YouTube in 2012: A year of expansion and experiments (via Mashable)
- Revealed: The full story of how Facebook IPO buyers got screwed (via Business Insider)
- Why algorithms will never replace editors (via JimRomenesko.com)
- Social integration and loyalty – here are the brands that did it best in 2012 (via VentureBeat)
- As tablets surge, eReaders struggle (via eMarketer)
- When I first heard the name “Safari” (via Don Melton)
- The making of Fastbook: An HTML love story (via Sencha)
- Socail, technological and political trends are transforming fundraising (via The Guardian)
- What if Facebook were free? (via Forbes)
- Why big data means big business for online retailers (via The Guardian)
- How Kickstarter can solve its product problem (via GigaOM)
- The contextual and exponential future of Facebook (via Scobleizer)
- Would Apple want to run your whole living room? (via GigaOM)
- How music ruled Twitter in 2012 (via Mashable)
Some of our blog posts from this week that you might have missed.
- Your guide to the new Flickr app.
- How to use Foursquare to market your business & reach a new audience.
- How to implement collaboration tools and boost your company’s productivity.
- The multi million dollar revenue stream staring Instagram in the face.
- December the month of change for many social media networks.