25 Unmissable Social Media Articles To Read This Weekend – 20st Oct
Every week, we have a look at some of the biggest social media stories that are out there, sift through the thousands of articles on offer and bring you 25 stories that are worth your attention.
These are never breaking news stories, but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won’t make it through them all in one sitting, but it’ll bring you up to speed with this week’s happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- Why Windows Just Can’t Win (Wired)
- Facebook: We Weren’t Moving Fast Enough In Mobile (AllThingsD)
- Small Players Seek An Alternative To The Expense Of Pay-Per-Click (The New York Times)
- Jeff Bezos: The Smart People Change Their Minds (TechCrunch)
- Study: Pinterest Tops Facebook In Shopping Engagement (AllFacebook)
- Where Google Ventures Is Searching Now (The Wall Street Journal)
- YouTube Networks: An Inside Look At Their Unsavory Business Practices (ReadWriteWeb)
- Jack Dorsey: Leadership Secrets Of Twitter And Foursquare (Forbes)
- Amazon’s Next Big Business Is Selling You (Wired)
- The Newsonomics of The New York Times’ Expanding Global Strategy (Niemans Lab)
- The Future Is Now: 10 Startups Leading The Way In ‘Big Data’ (VentureBeat)
- Meet The New LinkedIn Profile: A Better Way To Connect And Build Relationships (LinkedIn)
- YouTube Campaigns: A Digital Thermometer For Nonprofit Videos (YouTube Blog)
- Let’s Consider Our “Users” (Jack’s Tumblr)
- Bigger, Better Google Ngrams: Brace Yourself For The Power Of Grammar (The Atlantic)
- The Future Of Location-Based Marketing Isn’t Foursquare (Marketing Land)
- iCloud: Sharing Done Wrong (MacWorld)
- Starting Vs Building A Company (Daslee)
- Reddit Vs Gawker: Why Can’t Both Lose? (The Daily Beast)
- What The Guardian Really Thinks About Newsprint (paidContent)
- The Formula Behind The Facebook “Like” Number (Marketing Land)
- How Technology Is Trending Towards The Hollywood Blockbuster Business Model (Digital Trends)
- Newsweek CEO: Dumping Print ‘Liberates Us’ (AdAge Digital)
- How A YouTube Exec Built An Army With Google’s ’20 Percent Time’ (Bloomberg)
- Should Trolling Be Illegal? (MotherBoard)
A roundup of our posts from this week that you may have missed.
- Could Dublin Eventually Become The Startup Capital Of The World?
- 10 Surprisingly Useful Ways To Use Apple’s Siri
- The Complete Guide To Creating A Killer LinkedIn Company Profile
- The Huge Problem Disrupting Google’s And Facebook’s Revenues – Mobile
- Social Media Policy In The Workplace – Everything You Need To Know