25 Unmissable Social Media Articles To Read This Weekend – 15th Dec
Every week, we have a look at some of the biggest social media stories that are out there, sift through the thousands of articles on offer and bring you 25 stories that are worth your attention.
These are never breaking news stories, but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won’t make it through them all in one sitting, but it’ll bring you up to speed with this week’s happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- Mr. Zuckerberg, tear down this wall (Via Wired)
- A question that Twitter needs to ask itself (Via GigaOM)
- The limits of Internet research (Via Columbia Journalism Review)
- Will Adobe’s new cloud strategy pay off? (Via CNN Money)
- Why Bloomberg is interested in LinkedIn (Via Reuters)
- Why Google just made iPhone king: Ads (via Wired)
- The Web we lost (Via Anil Dash)
- The real failure of Facebook’s fake democracy (Via Digital Trends)
- Understanding bias in computational news media (Via Nieman Journalism Lab)
- How TV could be transformed in 2013 (Via Fast Company)
- Twitter adds filters, but misses the point (Via The Verge)
- Why Google Maps is better than Apple Maps (Via The Atlantic)
- Inside Buzzfeed: The story of how Jonah Peretti built the Web’s most beloved new media brand (Via Business Insider)
- Web discussions: Flat by design (Via Coding Horror)
- Twitter’s manager for social innovation on how social is shaping the future of nonprofits (Via Co.Exist)
- Facebook doesn’t need ads to monetize Instagram (Via The Next Web)
- Why USA Today is not ‘comfortable’ charging for digital access (Via Business Insider)
- How Google Maps app for iPhone hurts Nokia (Via NYT Bits)
- The Internet as an ecosystem (Via Dave Winer)
- What makes video “Professional”? (Via AllThingsD)
- Who owns your Twitter followers, you or your employer? (Via CNN Money)
- What we’ll see in 2013 in mobile (Via GigaOM)
- Twitter-Instagram photo war reveals new business realities of social networks (Via Poynter)
- Inside Upworthy’s viral formula (Via Digiday)
- Why 2013 will be the year of the Internet of Things (Via The Next Web)
Some of our blog posts from this week that you might have missed.
- If Facebook and Co made everyone honest Christmas cards.
- How to develop brand loyalty on Twitter.
- How to get your Instagram photos back on Twitter.
- The beginner’s guide to YouTube analytics.
- What you need to know about Google+ Communities.