Every week, we have a look at some of the biggest social media stories that are out there, sift through the thousands of articles on offer and bring you 25 stories that you simply have to read.
These are never breaking news stories but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won't make it through them all in one sitting but it'll bring you up to speed with this week's happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- Chasing Facebook's next billion users.
- The annals of dubious statistics, crowdfunding edition.
- Apple buying into Twitter: neither likely nor implausible.
- Is Twitter a media or a technology company.
- BuzzFeed's strategy, described by an email from its CEO Jonah Peretti.
- Why Google Fiver is the most disruptive thing the company's done since Gmail.
- What does Skype's architecture do?
- How many people use Twitter's own apps?
- Facebook, don't sell out users for Wall Street.
- Microsoft's lost decade.
- Without Steve Jobs, Apple has all the appeal of Dell.
- The tweet that bombed: the Twitter joke trial, judges and the internet.
- How eBay's turnaround defies convention for internet companies.
- The economics of Google Fiver and what it means for U.S. broadband.
- What Facebook might really be doing its own phone, despite what Zuck said.
- Paypal: How we'll win in mobile commerce.
- Why Twitter should open up about its infrastructure.
- How a thoughtful social media strategy can influence people to buy.
- How BuzzFeed want to reinvent wire stories for social media.
- This is why we can't have nice things: When being 'acquihired' is a startup's only option.
- Who should see what when? Three principles for personalized news.
- The reason "Why every social media manager should be under 25" struck such a nerve.
- Why Twitter's move into TV could be a recipe for disaster.
- Paypal's Mok Oh on "What is a data scientist?"
- The revolution won't be televised; it will be instagrammed.
comments powered by